Kennington was a civil parish from 1894 until 1932 when it was absorbed into Ashford Urban District Council.
The northern and western boundaries of the parish approximated to the current boundary of the non-parished urban area. To the east and south the parish stretched to the River Stour, and to the south west followed the stream through Bybrook (this has subsequently been realigned).
The map below has been derived from the parish and UDC boundaries shown on Ordnance Survey Landmark data Edition 4 (1929-1952) maps available on the Kent Landscape Information System website at www.kent.gov.uk/klis (best viewed in Microsoft Internet Explorer).
Mapping data is Crown Copyright and copyright Landmark Information Group Ltd. Boundary annotation by Chris Morley